What follows is a list of homicides occurring in Baltimore City as reported by the Baltimore Police Department through their media advisories on social media (Facebook and/or Twitter). Additional information collected via news sources or other publicly available sources will be marked accordingly.
LAST UPDATE: April 7, 2018. 7:30 PM Eastern.
Total Count = 60
- Tavon Harrington was shot in 2010 and died in 2018. The medical examiner in Washington, DC, determined that he died as a complication of the injuries he suffered in 2010. Because the event happened in 2010, we are not including him in the 2018 count, though Baltimore Police Department and others will.
- Shaquana Caldwell‘s body was found in Anne Arundel County in June of 2017. Her boyfriend has been arrested and charged with her murder. According to police, the murder occurred in Baltimore City. She is being added to 2018’s official counts, but for our analysis she will not be counted in 2018. Rather, she will be added to the archives for 2017.
- Maurice Anthony Knight was shot in June 2017 and died in September 2017. It was only in February 2018 that the medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. According to police, he is being added to the official count for 2018, but we will counted with our 2017 cases and archived there.
- Devonte Rhodes was shot in June 2013. He died in December 2017. He was added to the list when the medical examiner ruled his death a homicide in March 2018. For the purposes of this analysis, he is counted as a 2013 death.
- Maurice Anthony Knight was shot in June 2017 and died in September 2017. The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide in February 2018. For the purposes of this analysis, he will be counted as a 2017 death.